The problem with many of the fiberglass antennas is not their durability
to the elements in some locations, but their mechanical durability. Of the
antennas made within the last 15 or so years, I have not seen one that
lasted more than a year or two before developing duplex noise issues due
to either lightning or even the simple strong wind breaking the
conntactions between the elements. This only applies to the VHF models.
The UHF models still seem to last for eons.

Maybe someone should try coating a DB224 with Rhino Liner or something if
those models have exposure issues.

Joe M.