Mark, The i20R is marketed as an on-site repeater controller for various Motorola and Kenwood commercial radios. It is capable of transparently passing either TPL or DPL, or it can strip and replace TPL or DPL with the same or different codes, and it will handle up to ten users. The i20R is manufactured by Instrument Associates of Memphis, TN.
The i20R front panel and cabinet is identical to the Gai-Tronics IRC3000A repeater controller, but the rear panel connector layout is slightly different, and there are some differences between the PCBs. The IRC3000A sales brochure is here: <www.gai-tronics.com/literature/lmrlit/gtc011105rev11-05.pdf> The IRC3000A service manual is here: <www.gai-tronics.com/products/manuals/43004028a.pdf> I believe that the i20R and the IRC3000A have a common heritage, but which is the parent? 73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of n9wys Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:25 AM To: [email protected] Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] RE: [Motorola-Radius] Re: Radius R100 DPL to PL Change Steve and all... I have the instruction sheet for connecting a Zetron to an R100 digitized at home. Also, I have the R100 manual in digital format as well. I'm not familiar at all with the controller you mentioned - but unless it does its own encoding/decoding for DPL, you're not going to be able to get your R100 to make the switch. (That is if your R100 is PL only at this time. They came one or the other, but not both.) The unfortunate thing is - I suffered a flood about 2 weeks ago and lost my computer with the database on it as a result. (Motherboard or power supply, or maybe both, I'm suspecting at this time...) :-( I know others have downloaded these items from me in the past - maybe someone here can repay the favor by forwarding that to Steve on my behalf? Unless you're not in a huge hurry to get this thing working, Steve. I'm not sure how long it will take before I can resurrect my computer at home... Thanks! Mark - N9WYS -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] <mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com> On Behalf Of Eric Lemmon Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 10:14 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:Motorola-Radius%40yahoogroups.com> Subject: [Repeater-Builder] RE: [Motorola-Radius] Re: Radius R100 DPL to PL Change Steve, Anything is possible, but the manual for the i20R controller does not include specific hookup instructions for the R100. However, it should be a fairly simple task to translate the instructions for the GR1225 or GR300 to match the pinouts of the R100. The i20R controller is a nifty piece of hardware, since it includes such nice features as CWID and low-battery alarm tones, but it is a bear to program. Here's what you need to program the i20R: HVN9085B RSS, currently $310 HKN9217A RIB to radio cable (the same as used for most Radius mobiles) Motorola Radio Interface Box (RIB - ditto) 6880904Z40 i20R Service Manual, about $25 6880904Z55 i20R Software Manual, about $30 73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:Motorola-Radius%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:Motorola-Radius%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of Steve Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2007 9:09 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:Motorola-Radius%40yahoogroups.com> Subject: [Motorola-Radius] Re: Radius R100 DPL to PL Change I just got a Motorola i20R controller. Is it posable to wire this to a R100? Would anyone have the pinout for a i20R? Steve --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:Motorola-Radius%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:Motorola-Radius%40yahoogroups.com> , Shanon KA8SPW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Hi Steve, > > The change requires you to change out both of the processor chips in > the TX and RX radios. There is also a few part changes of capacitors > and resistors. Then you need to do the software change and re- alignment. > > It is strongly recommended that you just disable the internal DPL and > add a Com-Spec 64 enc-dec externally.

