Unless you pay very careful attention to the indoor antenna
type and location you might easily receive a visit from the
IMD Gremlin. Many types of 1/4 wave antennas in the mentioned
situation can and do become very problematic sources.
s.

> "Ray Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Hi, Jim... I'm trying to do the same thing, to cover the interior
of a 6-floor building
> with a LMR VHF repeater, and I tried suggesting a 1/4 wave mounted
upside down
> as you suggested, and the Motorola guy scratched his head and said
"WTHeck?"
> He was still trying to sell me a DB224 to cover the inside of the
building. :-(

>   Thanks for the confirmation!
>
>                 _Ray_        KBØSTN

mount it upside down on top of your terminal building.  The gain in an
antenna will concentrate the radiation out on the horizon, which is
not what you want.  The upside down ground plane with no gain might be
your best bet to have local coverage and have coverage directly
beneith the antenna.