I just looked at the prices for the Hamtronics and Maggiore equipment as
suggested by others, and you're right.  They're expensive!  I'd be much
better off going with a repeater-builder conversion.  Has anyone had
experience with the older Midland 220 rigs converted to repeater operation?
It looks like that may be a real inexpensive solution if I can find one and
if they work well.

--
Keith McQueen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]