The shelf life is typically ten years.

Richard
 <http://www.n7tgb.net/> www.n7tgb.net

  _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Morris WA6ILQ
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 12:29 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Re: [Repeater-Builder] RC-96 Controller Problem

I don't have my Dallas Semi book handy, but if I remember correctly
the "10 years"
spec was 10 unpowered years - if the Smartwatch was in a device that
was powered
up the battery was not being drained. But you still had to factor in
the shelf life of the
internal coin cell.