On Nov 19, 2007, at 2:30 AM, JOHN MACKEY wrote:

> In the past Dave (VE7LTD) was completely unwilling to allow PC users
> from
> accessing a repeater.  Has this changed?

Years ago, but your node owner has to install it, and the PC can
connect to only one node at a time, not Reflectors.  Probably first
demo'ed at the IRLP convention about four years ago?  I'd have to
look.  Most node owners don't install it.

> Because of Dave's original actions, I have always avoided IRLP and
> used
> Echolink
> and eQSO.

Your choice.  Back then, EchoLink wasn't even checking that people
downloading the software and getting registered even had licenses.
That changed that many years later, too.  Lots of people were nervous
about PC access to RF, including various regulatory agencies.  Most
have come around.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X