Eric,

In a perfect world, I'd love to both hear specific values AND be alerted if
values drifted out-of-bounds.  The idea of remote monitoring came about
because we have several users who swear 'the repeater is weak today', but
whenever I go check it, inevitably it's just fine.  I'd love to be able to
punch up the forward and reflected power when one of these jokers catches me
on the air, just to show them that nothing has changed.  (Of course, that
still wouldn't convince them. but at least I'd get a laugh. AND some piece
of mind that everything was okay.)

The LDG TW-2 is exactly what I was thinking about. seems easy enough to
interface via the CAT-1000 user outputs and user inputs.  I was even
thinking about finding a way to set some sort of break-points to trigger an
alarm, as you were talking about.

I'm definitely interested in hearing what you find out once yours arrives.
If you have good luck, I'm going to see if I can get the club to spring for
one.

73,

Mike

WM4B