Leaking antenna harnesses...

Man, you guys are soft.  I had to put a drip loop in my DB-406 cable.
Otherwise I had to dry it out after every rainstorm.  I had a glass bead type N
barrel connector so the water would collect and short it.  When the tx signal
strength started to go down, it was time to drive to Santiago and let it drip
for a couple of hours. Thankfully, it never rains in Southern California.
(hammond, hazelwood 1972)

Scotch Kote removal...

A long time ago I was able to reconstitute a hardened can of this stuff by
adding as much MEK as I could.  But it took a very long time, like months to
soften.  Of course the built in brush bristles were left in the mess but they
added to the bulk of the mix.  Worked just as good as the original mix.

Decibel products quality contol...

Didn't their plant get moved to mexico when Andrew assimilated them?  Since
then I have noted serious quality control problems.  Bad connector assembly,
lousy mechanical tolerance control and photo copied network analyzer data.  Its
enough to drive me to Telewave.

td
wb6mie