  From: Jim Cicirello
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 12:29 AM
  Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] NHRC-4 CONTROLLER AND TS-32 TONE BOARD

  Hi Chuck,

  Here I have explained to Lowell the problem I am having using a relay to
break the encode output line: Any ideas????????

  Hi Lowell,

  Thanks for the information. I have a similar design I think where I use the
COS to turn on a transistor that operates a relay that the encoder goes
through. My problem is that after a CTCSS Signal activates the NHRC-4, any
interference or signals on the frequency can come thru the tail. Now those
signals are not transmitting CTCSS but the repeater is repeating them with
carrier squelch as long as the tail is up. Once the tail drops, it stops until
a CTCSS Signal opens the controller and again the tail will transmit the
signal. Have you experienced this? It appears that I need to take the COS
signal from the DECODER so when the DECODER drops, the controller will MUTE the
tail. Possibly I have problem with the controller not muting.  Any ideas?

  Here is an example: I put the service monitor on the MASTR II and transmit a
carrier without CTCSS. Nothing happens. I apply the 107.2 tone and the
controller comes active and re-transmits the signal OK. I stop the CTCSS tone
from the generator and let the carrier transmit and the repeater tail will
transmit the noise from the generator for the duration of the tail.

  Thanks JIM