This in response to shady1070's original question and Gary's reponse.

Unless I've been misinformed for the past 30+ years the maximum
autorized output power for GMRS is 50 watts from the Xmtr.(Base,
Mobile and Repeater).  There are power limitations on the
interstitial freqs. but Repeaters are only permitted on the 8
designated pair $62/467.550 thu .725 in 25 KHz steps.   Re: the
original question about the rptr./controller set up I would suggest
the Kenwood TKR-850 which has everything in one package Contoller,
CWid, ctcss/dcs, computer programable, etc. and the Kenwood can be
reprogammed down to the 440 band.   GMRS rptrs. are not REQUIRED to
ID, the GMRS user is, however if the all users operate under a single
authorization/call sign CWid is allowed.  Also, running a beacon type
messages, voice or CWID, may be construed as non-directed traffic
(broadcasting) by the FCC.   There are many problems aaociated with
building and installing a repeater including site
location/acquisition, types of antennas, feed line, and duplexers to
name a few.  I believe you have a pretty good learning curve ahead of
you.  Wher are you located Shady?

Doug  N3DAB / WPRX486 / WPJL709

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Gary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> well, first off, assuming your repeater is land based and qualifies
as a
> fixed station (they usually do) then your output power is limited
to 15
> watts output, CFR Title 47 Part 95.135(d).
> Gary
>
> shady1070 wrote:
>
> > I Am looking to put a 40 watt repeater on Gmrs.  I Know very
little
> > about repeaters.  I am looking for something That is Pc
Programmable