--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "dallasreact112"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> "Squelched discriminator" is a paradox of terms! Most of the time
the
> squelch function is derived from the noise seen at the
discriminator.
> I suspect you really mean either filtered (deemphasized) or
> unfiltered gated audio and/or COS. On a Kenwood redio I had a
similar
> requirement. I used the NHRC squelch board:
>
> http://www.nhrc.net/nhrc-squelch/
>
> I tapped into raw discrimator audio from the Kenwood and with this
> board and was able to generate squelch logic that can generate
either
> COS or use the logic to gate audio. Am I to assume you are trying
> use this 2800 as a remote base?
>
> Is that correct? If so all you really need is COS, PL squelch (if
> desired) and either discrimator audio or deemphasized audio (line
> audio) to go into the controller. Normally, if you use COS input to
> repeater controller you do not need to "gate" the RX audio.
>
> Some times this can end up being an art. More specific information
is
> needed for your application and and I am sure some body can help...
>
> 73
>
> Bernie Parker
>
> K5BP DARC Tech Officer
>

> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "wb7cjq" <wb7cjq@> wrote:
> >
> > Does anybody know where to pick-off the "squelched discriminator"
> > audio, the line level audio input and the COS signals ???
> >
> > The schematic shows J309 that appears to have some of this stuff,
> but
> > the connector is "itty-bitty" - I can't find a mating connector
> > anywhere !!!
> >
> > I opened the radio this morning and just went "sigh"...  MilSpec,
> and
> > I'm not very interested in completely tearing the radio apart to
> get
> > to needed signals.  I suspect that most (if not all) of them are
on
> > the PCB that you see when you pull the lid.
> >
> > I went in with a tiny multimeter probe and touched a pin going to
> the
> > front panel (in search of the COS - AKA "Busy" line) and mnaged
> > touch two tiny pins at the sametime.  POOF!  No more radio.
Thank
> > God for warranties.  My 60 year old 'fat fingers' are too 'fat'
for
> > this micro type work, and I'm a skinny guy!
> >
> > Hope somebody has already chased these signals and can post the
> > info. !!!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Dave
> > WB7CJQ

Hi Bernie!

Yeah, bad choice of words.  What I really meant was gated
discriminator audio so that I don't have to build up a transistor
switch to mute the audio upon loss oc signal.  I had to do that years
ago with an old Standard that I built into a repeater.  UGH...

Anyway, I see a 2SJ144 hanging between the volume pot and the audio
amp., one side tied to ground.  I'll bet this is the guy I'm after,
but I can't get at it!  Too tiny for me !!!

Yes, this package is essentially a remote base, crossbanding between
2 meters and 440MHz.

Thanks for the reply and the info.!

Dave.