Depending on the load connecting across one battery, the one connected to
ground or the lower of the 2 12 batteries, will work.  I would not do is load
is heavy because I am sure the charging system is for both batteries and
draining one much more than the other could upset things.

Kirchhoff's current law says the sum of the currents will be zero.  Kirchhoff's
voltage law says sum of voltages will be zero.  Not sure why revelant here, but
I am sure Kirchhoff had something else to do with voltage and current sources.
Would like to know.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Al Wolfe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/03/24 Mon PM 04:36:54 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: 24 vdc to 12 vdc

>>This is a very common issue in aircraft. The most obvious question is
>>does your jeep use 2 each 12 volt batteries? If so, simply connect
>>your radio across one of 'em.
>
>This is done all the time but is a very, very bad idea. Ever hear of
>Kirchhoff's law? Check it out. It's a very quick way to ruin two batteries.
>
>Get a real converter. The switching kind are much more efficient than the
>linear voltage dropping kind.
>
>Al, K9SI

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575