Paul,

Because Hams just love to swap boards and modules between radios, the
Combination Number on the data plate is no absolute proof of what is inside
the radio- but it is a start.  The next time you have the Mastr II radio
open, take some time to record the module numbers stamped in black ink along
the edges of most circuit boards.  Such numbers will usually begin with 19A,
19B, 19C, or 19D, and may have a "PL" prefix.  The numbers might look
something like this: 19C320265G3 REV A.

You must determine which modules are in your radio before you can put
together a manual.  A "manual" for a GE Mastr II radio is actually a
collection of as many as a dozen individual manuals, known as LBIs.  There
is one LBI for the receiver front end, another LBI for the
oscillator-multiplier, another LBI for the exciter, another LBI for the
power amplifier, and so on.  Most of the Mastr II LBIs are already available
for download from the Repeater-Builder site.

As to the vintage of your radio and its value, again you must make an
inventory of its modules.  You may find that your radio is a run-of-the-mill
model, which has relatively little value on the Ham market.  However, you
may have a unique and/or rare model that some Hams would give their eyeteeth
for.  We shall see...

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY

>From: "Paul E. Robichaux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:paul%40robichaux.net>
>
>Date: 2008/03/25 Tue PM 05:20:12 CDT
>To: "Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com> "
<Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com> >
>Subject: [Repeater-Builder] MASTR-II ID

>My dad, K5EYP, bought a MASTR-II of some kind. He was running it as our
local ARES repeater at 145.150, driven by (I think) a CAT-1000. I'm trying
to figure out what specific components & vintage this particular MASTR-II
is, what it's worth, and the best way to sell it. Any suggestions would be
most welcome.