> I Don't think this Copper Thieves are actually Targeting
> Repeater Sites Etc , Some  Sites are off the beaten path
> and  in Place not readily seen by some ,  It is just bad
> People trying to make some money for whatever

Most of the time it's meth...

Out here on the West/left Coast we're seeing people rip the wires
out of farm ag pump connections and in a more recent case the
control wiring for a large railroad bridge while it was stored in
the up position.

Farmers seem to always have people coming up to ask about any
stray metal they want hauled off... sometimes later with permission
or not. Alarm system alerts through the business radio equipment
have become a fairly nice side job.

s.