hi all,

I am about to replace a DB224 side mounted at 1175 ft above ground.  The
antenna is close to the Gulf, 0.5 mi, and think the salt air got to it.  It has
been up about 12 years and now has an SWR of 2:1.  The coverage is very
noticeably less.

I am thinking of a Super Station Master fiberglass enclosed antenna as a
replacement.  The Celwave/RFS 220 is my thinking.

Any thoughts about this from some who have experience with salt air.

I like the DB224 and many locally use them.  I like being able to skew the
pattern, but others locally have had similar salt air problems with VHF and UHF
exposed dipoles.  I've also seen the Super Station Masters last decades in
harsh environments.

73, ron, n9ee/r

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575