--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Woohoo, the Doug Hall "Rosetta Stone"!  Thanks, Skip.
>
> One question:
>
> >Byte lsb bit of byte 1 shifted in first
>
> OK, but then the rest of the bytes are listed MSB first:
>
> >Byte 2: B7 - TX power, 1 = on
> >B6 - RX power, 1 = on
> >B5, B4 - Tx power:
>
> Are the other bytes reversed (MSB clocked in first), or are all
bytes LSB
> first?

All bytes are are LSB first, the bit usage documentation wasn't
intended to imply bit order.  I got my information from several
sources, the best of which was the manual for the FTL-RBI from Pacific
Research. The oldest info I found were scans of the ACC FC-1 interface
manual which was nothing more than a few CMOS shirt registers.

I just tried to find the FTL-RBI manual but I couldn't find it.  It
may be obsolete just like the real Doug Hall box, I don't think Vertex
makes the radio it plugged into any longer.

Note: Several of the bands (1200, 900) are Pacific Research extensions
to the  protocol.  I've never seen a real Doug Hall box.

73's Skip WB6YMH