On Apr 14, 2008, at 3:05 PM, Nate Duehr wrote:

> de W5DK wrote:
>> Nate,
>>
>> Thanks for the info, I have 4 or 5 clean 4076s that won’t go below
>> 444/449 and still look good separation wise. I had made a call
>> about 6
>> months ago and was told the cables were all the same but the loops
>> are
>> slightly longer on ones spec’d in the ham band. (wonder were those
>> notes
>> are hmmm). I would be happy to get the details on your final
>> measurements for cables.
>>

>> 73
>>
>> Don Kirchner W5DK
>
> Don,
>
> I'll make a note to pull the cables off of it and measure them for you
> to see if they're anywhere close to what you have on yours.

Don,

A thought came to mind... since we're talking about UHF...

If you use different cable with a different velocity factor, it won't
matter... our measurements won't match yours.  And at UHF, connector
size differences also matter.

I was about to e-mail the guy who has the UHF duplexer in his basement
and have him measure the cables but then it dawned on me.

Really, the best way to do it is just trial and error (mostly error)
until the pattern looks right on the test gear...

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional