I think what ever standard, dbi or dbd, one can interupt the differences. The main problem is the number in front...is it real. Most Ham antennas it is not and only db should be stated and can be interuped as dbwn...db with respect to a wet noodle :)

I prefer the dbd just because it give a reference I would hope as actually measured...that is the test antenna compared to a good reference dipole in the test. Don't know how one gets dbi except getting dbd and then adding the theorical 1.5 db(?) I think difference.

73, ron, n9ee/r

Ron Wright, N9EE

727-376-6575

MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS