Radio Shack did sell a simplex repeater controller at one time. They are on e-bay much of the time. However, this is only a controller, not a repeater.

I don't think RS sold a radio wired to this controller as a package.

The use of the controller was up to the buyer...mostly for Ham use, but I am sure many used for other services.

Simplex repeaters have their use such as for announcments. As for regular radio-to-radio comm it sucks.

73, ron, n9ee/r

Ron Wright, N9EE

727-376-6575

MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS