Hi Nate
we tryed the SD222-SF3PASNM and we find it quite directionnal i must say.
the SD212-HF2P2SNM has been my antenna for 5 years and never failed me and
since we are in salted air region they are well built too.
in fact my other repeater will have this antenna and remember too that the
antenna bracket aer HD,really HD,you dont find these in the commun Hardware
store.
we tryed fiberglass verticall,they dont have the save pattern of transmission
of the dipole and mecanically,,check the metal structure for the radiation
factor.

i would pick the C(SD212-HF2P2SNM) for their need anytime ,the vertical,because
of the fiberglass coting will degrade also after time ,,,it is a consideration
to be made ,,,if you dont want to climb in the tower every 6 month to check it.

you explanation are good Nate ,and clear too.

73/s all
gervais ve2ckn