Dave,

I think we need more solutions like the base ball bats to deal with these
problem people.

All UPS shippers including small me, can re-route a package enroute or have it
returned before deliever.  There is a charge, but I simply bring up World Ship,
the UPS software, select the item and re-route it.  I do have to go to the UPS
web site which is automatic.  Even if on the truck a few blocks from delievery
the truck will be notified.  One can find within minutes a package has been
delievered.  They have a pretty good system.  I am sure FedEx and some others
have the same thing.  Not Post Office.

You could have put the credit card purchase in dispute and would not have to
pay.  QVC would have eaten the cost.  The credit card company would simply
withdraw the money from QVC bank.  I like credit cards for they give all some
protection, but in the end the seller will suffer if anyone.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Dave Gomberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/06/18 Wed PM 04:09:51 EDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: Re: [Repeater-Builder] the scam changes...

>At 04:01 6/18/2008, Ron Wright wrote:
>>Credit card companies are a big problem, but with our ecomonic
>>system it is almost a requirement one takes them.  Trying to report
>>a bad card is almost impossible to get any action.  They may know
>>exactly where the thief is, but will do nothing.
>
>Ron, it is worse than that.   I checked my credit card on line and
>there was a charge from QVC (which I never even watch. much less buy
>from).   I called QVC and they said someone used that card to buy a
>camera shipped to San Diego (not where I live!).   I told them it was
>a bogus order, they said no harm, they would just ask UPS not to
>deliver on grounds of fraud.   I imagine they use UPS enough to have
>that power.
>
>That is not what I would have done.   I would have dressed a couple
>of guys up in brown jump suits and sent them to the door, "This your
>camera???"   If the guy says yes that is when the baseball bat comes
>out and his hands accidentally get crushed.
>I'll bet he wouldn't do it again.
>
>--
>Dave Gomberg, San Francisco   NE5EE     gomberg1 at wcf dot com
>All addresses, phones, etc. at http://www.wcf.com/ham/info.html

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575
MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS