Scott,

There are normally, not for all, 2 things that are tuned on a duplexer; notch
and pass.  Notch removes signal (min sig) and pass lets as much as it will thru
(max).

As with tuning rigs one tunes for SINAD or in FM quieting...that is tunes to
get more quieting of the received signal.

If you had a cavity/duplexer between a signal gen and a receiver on the output
you could tune the notch adjustments for most noise, starting with quieting
signal and tune the pass for least noise or quieting all the time adjusting the
sig gen output as you go.

Having a meter, talking meter I guess, with S-meter connection would also help.

I think you get the idea; tune the notch to remove as much signal as you can
and tune pass to get the most signal as you can using the speaker noise as the
meter.

I am sure others have better ways.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Scott Berry N7ZIB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/06/25 Wed AM 08:33:56 EDT
>To: Repeater Builder <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: [Repeater-Builder] tuning a Cellwave 6 cavity duplexer with out sight

>Hey guys,
>
>I have something I’d like to throw out too you and seeif there is a way to do
>this.  For my repeater I’ll have a Cellwave 6 cavityduplexer and I would like
>to learn how to tune it myself.  I am totally blind andthey don’t make a
>talking service monitor that I am aware of.  How would onewith out sight tune
>a duplexer.  There must be some way it could be done.  Evenif it means I have
>to make my own monitor other wise it’ll cost me and I don’tget the
>satisfaction of learning.
>
>Scott
>N7ZIB

Ron Wright, N9EE