Awhile back, I had asked this list for ideas on how to remove Scotch Kote
weather proofing. I was at an auto detailing place today and just happened
to ask them their opinion on the matter. The woman pulled out a liquid in a
spray bottle and gave the dried puddle a few squirts. She waited a minute or
so, and sprayed the area again. After waiting a few more minutes, she gave
another spray and started to brush the area with a stiff bristle brush. Sure
enough the scotch cote started to come loose from the carpet.

I then asked her to try the spot on the seat. Sure enough, same results.

The spray was called 'California orange':
http://www.prowax.com/1prod_bulls/C-66pb8_8_07.pdf
At almost $80 per gallon, it's a bit pricey.

Here is a version in a spray can:
http://www.prowax.com/1prod_bulls/ACO_660pb8_8_07.pdf
It's a bit more reasonable at $15 per can, but it's not available in all
states due to environmental restrictions.

There you go. Of course, the best plan is not to spill the stuff. If you do
though, this stuff might help you out.

Good Luck,
Scott

Scott Zimmerman