From: Eric Lemmon
Date: 3/08/2008 10:55:50 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Dual battery system

Mike,

I have standardized on one part, the 122NQ030R made by International
Rectifier / Vishay. The datasheet is here:
<www.vishay.com/docs/93210/93210122.pdf>
This Schottky diode has an extremely low forward voltage drop, and it can
handle 120 amperes. I generally use the "R" suffix version, where the
mounting foot is the anode and the 1/4-20 screw is the cathode. I mount the
diode on a short piece of copper bar, which is then bolted to the positive
terminal of the power supply. This allows me to float the battery on an
Astron power supply, but prevents backfeed if the AC power fails. Digi-Key
sells this item for about $24 apiece.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY