Mathew,
I have several of these in service for 440 MHz amateur use. They are
the 225 watt UHF version. Most of the control wiring that connects to
the unified chassis is similar. I use the station control module and
the squelch gate card. This makes use of all of the proper keyed A-
paths for the exciter channel element and keying. This configuration
will also provide you with the turn on delay that prevents the
transmitter from keying before the tube is all warmed up. This is very
important for tube life.

I would recommend using the factory station PL encoder and decoder if
you have them available. If you decide to use the factory PL boards,
make sure the radio is configured for "AND" squelch.

You should be able to retune the PA cavity for 2 Meters, but if you
are much below 147 MHz with your transmit frequency, you may need to
find a low split 138 - 150 MHz solid state PA board for the PA that is
used to drive the tube.

The only thing I change in these radios is the coax from the output of
the PA to the harmonic filter. I use a piece of 3/8" superflex to
replace the factory piece of coax, and the tube PA is much happier. We
found the factory coax will get warm when the transmitter is keyed for
15 minutes or longer.

I have used both the Arcom and Link-Com controllers and they both work
fine with these radios.

I did not make it to the shop today, but I will take the digital
camera and try and get some photos for you tomorrow.

Sounds like you are making progress.

Joe - WA7JAW