  _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Joe Burkleo
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 12:54 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: ge uhf high power

Also as Nate said, GE did not make a high power solid state amp. The
Mastr II high power stations that I referred to use a normal Mastr II
solid state PA to drive a tube amplifier to acheive the 225-250 Watts
on UHF or 375 Watts on VHF.

If you are not familiar with high power tube transmitters and working
with high voltages, stay away from these. They are not for the faint
of heart, and the voltages present can be quite deadly.

Joe - WA7JAW

--- In Repeater-Builder@ <mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com>
yahoogroups.com, "Joe Burkleo"