--- Begin Message --- Many thanks Robert and all who replied on and off list. I suspect what ever the consensus of opion is, it is a good indicator. I am very grateful to all. Because as you know, when we reinvent the wheel, it usually cones out square!
Thanks all!
73
Dave

georgiaskywarn wrote:
Good Morning Dave,
Name here is Robert Burton KD4YDC and I live just south of the metro
Atlanta area in Fayetteville,GA.
I love the Arcom 210.  Own 2 of them.  Will buy another if the need
arises.  HiPro...don't know.  I have (and used), Moto Micro, GE Mastr
II converted mobiles, GE Mastr Exec II mobiles and RCA 500 repeater
(which I love).  All of them with good results.  All cheap to get and
get on the air.
My repeaters are used with the Georgia Skywarn Linked Repeater System
(www.georgiaskywarn.com) and the Southeastern Linked Repeater Net
(stoddard.homeip.net/slrn).  On the SLRN, it gets HEAVY use every
Wednesday night (1.5 hour key down each week).  The SKYWARN nets, the
repeaters are used with the remote base system to link in everything.
 Love the ease of getting repeaters linked in.

Ken is VERY GOOD to work with.  I think the other gentleman just had a
bad experience and short temper. Some people you just can't please. Any time I have had problems (I build the things from kits), Ken was
just an email or phone call away.  Because of the "things" I needed to
do with the system...I brought some unique things to the table...so it
even challenged Ken.  He has always been able to deliver.  The yahoo
group is also a good source.  Suggest you take a look at that (the
RC210 group).

Good Luck.  Let me know if I can help.

Robert Burton
KD4YDC
DEC NWS in Peachtree City, GA

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We are putting up three new repeaters. I just got Hipro's new catalog and I see Arcom is listed in what looks like a favored status. Since we have limited funds, I would like to know if there are problems with it or is it just a fluke? If so we can look at other controllers. I would appreciate feedback before we spend money. Anyone please? Thank you!
73
Dave

lenaw12 wrote:
Other than being off-topic for the topic (but not this list), I disagree. Personally, I'd like to know exactly what Eric doesn't
like about the RC-210.  I've owned one myself & didn't care for it
either, but obviously many others have opposite opinions.
Bob NO6B

Bob and all the "others who have opposite opinions"

The obvious track would be to start a new string that was "on
topic"... Nowhere has anyone asked for opinions as to the quality of
the Motorola mic, the microphone cable, the connector, or the ARCOM
controller.

If you and all the "others who have opposite opinions" (opposite to
what I don't know) want to discuss the advantages or disadvantages of
one of the particular components in the original setup, start a new
topic...

That way, those of us who have heard this before can ignore the same
old discussion that occurred previously.

Otherwise, the rest of us would like to work at resolving the original
"problem" which is purely technical in nature at this time and not
emotional.

LW