From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Vertex vs. Kenwood
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, October 3, 2008, 8:13 AM

            Hi Joe,

>I'm still trying to comprehend why you would need replacements just

because a site is more quiet. If they work at the crowded site, they

should work fine at the quiet one.

That's just it -- they don't work all that well at this mountaintop site with
literally hundreds of RF sources. Since we have an opportunity to sell them, it
seems like a good time for an upgrade. But if K is no better in this situation
than V, you're right, we're going down the wrong path.

This is a club that went from Micor vintage equipment that was showing its
age to Vertex and now has an opportunity to change once again. The bias is
toward new, low-maintenance gear rather than refurbished old commercial gear.

73,

Bob

I'm still trying to comprehend why you would need replacements just

because a site is more quiet. If they work at the crowded site, they

should work fine at the quiet one.

Joe M.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] com wrote:

> Hi All,

> My club has some 3-year-old VHF and UHF Vertex repeaters at a high-RF

> site. A possible deal would move them to a much quieter site, and if

> that happens we'll need replacements.

> Members of this list have consistently shown a preference for Kenwoods,

> and it appears both brands are priced about the same. However, I'm

> concerned that much of what has been posted falls into the true believer

> category, and this decision must be based on technical data. How about

> it, RF gurus? If you have facts, please spill 'em.

> Thanks!

> 73,

> Bob, WA9FBO

> Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges?

> Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and

> calculators

> <http://pr.atwola. com/promoclk/ 100000075x120938 2257x1200540686/ aol?redir=
> http://www. walletpop. com/?NCID= emlcntuswall0000 0001>.

> Checked by AVG.

> 7:46 AM

Find phone numbers fast with the New AOL Yellow Pages!