other variations).    The setup and configuration manual can  be a little
confusing but it works.

BillB

In a message dated 10/15/2008 1:18:41 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I’m embarrassed to  ask but, what the heck, what is a “RICK”?
John  Transue

-----Original  Message-----
From:  Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of  skipp025
Sent:  Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:01 PM
To:  Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: CDM1550  Crossband using Motrola RICK?

Afternoon,

Yes, the standard rick most people  use with Maxtrac Radios
should work in the cross band bi-directional mode.  If the
radios you want to use will emulate (configure the same as)
the  Maxtrac 16 pin connector... you can easily make a bi-directional
repeater  cable (saving you from having to use a RICK Unit) by
using some of the  very common repeater cables seen/found sold
on ebay.

Remember  there is obviously more than one Rick Model used in
the various Maxtrac  type repeaters so all examples are not
the same.

cheers,
s.

> Morning,
> I was wanting to know if its possible to  hook up a VHF and
> UHF radio to a Motorola RICK and use them for a  cross band
> repeater? What would I have to do to accomplish this first
> off and can the radios be used normally when the
> rick is off  on another channel?
> Some help?
> Thanks
> Peter  Summerhawk

__________ NOD32 3192 (20080616)  Information __________

This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus  system.
_http://www.eset.com_ (http://www.eset.com/)

**************BUY Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on DVD
today!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1209326865x1200539441/aol?redir=http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html)