From:   Mike Morris WA6ILQ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Friday, October 24, 2008 07:39 AM Eastern Standard Time
To:     Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject:        Re: [Repeater-Builder] DTMF/toneburst silencer/blocker

At 02:00 AM 10/24/08, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I'm looking for a circuit which removes dtmf tones and maybe other
>tonebursts from the rx audio before it is fed to the tx.
>
>There are circuits around which use the MN3008 and MN3101 ics which
>are both obsolete now so are no choice. One possibility would be to
>replace them with similar ics from Coolaudio, but most likely these
>would still be hard to get even though they're still made.
>
>Does anybody have a different approach for such a tone blocker?
>
>Thanks Martin

Use one of the off-the-shelf boards that are designed for that... they are
made by Arcom and by ICS (who got the design from Scom)

See <http://www.repeater-builder.com/arcom/arcom-rad-in-acc.html>
and  <http://www.ics-ctrl.com/dadm/dsdadm.html>

The Arcom unit is available in a board with three units on it, see here:
<http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/rc210/rad.html>

Since 1974, the award-winning Alpert JFCS has helped families of all faiths
throughout most of Palm Beach County, FL, via counseling, seniors services,
residences for the disabled, mentoring children, support groups and a lot more.

SOLUTIONS FOR LIVING
www.JFCSonline.com

Please take note of our new website and E-Mail Addresses. Please update your
contacts ASAP.

NOTICE:

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely
for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify
the sender immediately by replying to this message and please delete it from
your computer.