Dave;

         I am not familiar with an external encode disable on the
Mastr IIe. The easiest external method might be to put a 2n7000 FET
or IRF5xx type device across the encode audio and a logic high pullup
on the gate will clamp the source to the drain, (with the drain
connected to the ground side of the encode pair)...at close to 0
ohms. This should kill any encode instantly and release as soon as
the gate is released.

FET's transit almost instantly, more like a switch, than a npn transistor.

Alternately gate the encode through a relay or 4066 gate on the way
to the exciter.

I would not absolutely say there is no external encode disable pin'ed
out, but then I never specifically looked.

Doug
KD8B