Re: fan timer circuit

I've seen a number of fan delay, time on, time off circuits
posted on web. The "neat'o web page" url I just posted here
on the group has one and it might be the one you're looking
for.

http://www.w1ghz.org/small_proj/small_proj.htm

.... and the fan controller information is about half way
down the page with a picture and down-loadable zip file.

My own personal preference is to run everything warm and even
a lot higher temp than most of you would expect. In a repeater
station operation only an RF PA and un-modified Astron Power
Supply with an undersized heat sink might get a fan. Never a
failure of a well planned installation.

Some of our local "start-up" radio clubs throwing repeater
packages in place often start out using and stay with an
external RF amplifier designed for mobile operation. Sometimes
the amp runs so hot you can't keep your hand on the heat sink
but I've yet to see one fail.

cheers,
skipp

> "Bob M." <msf5kg...@...> wrote:
>
> I would think that the person who designed it, and submitted it for
posting on r-b, built and tested it.

> Did you have a problem with it? Do you think there's an error in the
diagram? If so, it should be fixed. Please provide more info.

> Bob M.
> ======

a cooling fan timer circuit that is posted on the repeater builders
website. I wonder if anyone has tried to build this?