Buddy Case wrote:
> It is my understanding there will not be any channels between 2 thru 6
> anymore. The govt proposes to auction these frequencies. Checking the
> list on www.nab.org <http://www.nab.org> shows no stations below ch 7.
> Buddy KS4QA

I only wish it were so. If you are referring to:

http://www.nab.org/AM/ASPCode/DTVStations/DTVStations.asp

you need to look more closely. It shows at least one station
currently broadcasting DTV on each of the VHF low 2 thru 6 channels.
After transition, some stations currently broadcasting digital on
temporary UHF or VHF high assignments will move to the VHF low
channels. That is what is happening in my area. WLBZ, now
broadcasting analog on ch 2 and digital on ch 25, will switch its
digital transmission to ch 2 after transition. It is my
understanding the original plan was to completely free up ch 2-6,
but the FCC changed its mind and will allow some stations to remain
on those channels.

Paul