--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Dietrich"
<m.dietr...@...> wrote:

> So what everybody is saying is....SHOOT ALL THE LAWYERS so we will
all be better off and be able to have repeaters on building
tops ?????????

> Just my 2c worth.
>
> Have a Nice Day !!
> Mike

   Well, fortunately not all people are greedy nor are they looking
for other's misfortunes, nor like a bird of pray, a situation to
pounce upon for an advantage!

When looking for Repeater Insurance, ARRL isn't the only place to go.

Even Auto Insurance Carriers will write Repeater Insurance for a
reasonably low fee and it be something everybody will be happy with.

An extream case, I know of someone who wanted a safety repeater on a
mountainous highway that looked like danger to him, but in a forested
area.

He built a repeater out of a handheld, a small battery, a small
controller, and put it in a garbage bag and buried it at the base of
a tree in a forest about a quarter mile off the highway.  He ran
antenna coax and solar power cable up the tree and put both the solar
cells and antenna hidden at the top in the top branches.

It worked, and onlt he knew where it was, nor was it ever discovered,
last I heard!!

Later he added a link down to a town and an autopatch.

He kept it SIMPLE!!!

Dick, W7TIO