I expect wiki will answer it better than I but the amps are not linear so do
not increase signals at a flat rate .
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
From: lar...@hotmail.com
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 05:16:17 +0000
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Hamtronics Helical Resonator Preamp or Advanced
Research Preamp

            --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Barry <ate...@...> wrote:

> What he is saying is , a lower gain preamp aplifies less noise in

relation to the signal so the audio sounds better

Not trying to be superpicky here, but this is something I need to

understand better...  Why, and how, would the lower-gain preamp

amplify less noise than signal?  Would the preamp not amplify anything

presented to it's input that is within it's operating parameters an

equal amount?

Laryn K8TVZ

Get rid of those unwanted christmas presents! Get what you want at ebay.
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Frover%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Frover%2F1%2F705%2D10129%2D5668%2D323%2F4%3Fid%3D10&_t=763807330&_r=hotmailTAGLINES&_m=EXT