AJ wrote:

<snip>
> I know in a recent conversation here on RB, one of the users had a
> Solar Charge Controller inline between his 12 volt power supply (in
> our case a GE Mastr II 30 amp supply) and the actual repeater equipment.

That was me askin' the questions, and Doug doin' all the answerin'. :-)
Basically, what he (and others) advised was to make sure of the maximum
charge rate on your batteries, and to not exceed that charge rate. Doing
so causes heat buildup in the batteries and will over time boil them
dry, causing failure.

Google Xantrax (I think that is how it is spelled) solar charger and you
should find what you want. Your application is exactly the same as ours,
except we are probably only looking at 8 hours. After that, we can pull
one of our trucks up to the site and use jumper cables if it is still
out...

Anything to add Doug? Mike KA4MKG