  From: Milt
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 11:16 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Micor Card needed - TLN1251A

  The typical application is to be able to drop RX PL from the console. Not
  just to check for co-channel users (ie the monitor function which is reset
  by PTT) but to go to and stay in carrier squelch even when transmitting
  until commanded back to PL receive.

  Hypothetical example: The medivac helicoptor (or your neighboring mutual aid
  department) does currently have the proper PL for your county. Dropping PL
  receive lets you hear him transmit and you can reply to him. When the
  incident is over the PL receive is reenabled.

  Milt
  N3LTQ