1
cant answer to the info on your duplexer, you have not given any info on the
make model

you need to tune your duplexer to the pair you are useing ..

2 you should have a 1.1 match from the duplxer and the radio ( if the
duplexer is tuned right)
and a 1.1 match from the duplexer to the ant if the ant is tuned right ..
if you have a miss match on your ant it will play nasty things with your
radios (repeater)

3
again we need more info on the duplexer as to loss ..  and your cable from
the duplexer to ant . and what type of ant ?
does it have any gain to make up for some losses ..  also depends how much
power you are useing ..

If I remember right  I have a loss of around 1.5 db in the duplxer  I run
7/8 hard line about 50ft and a 210 c4 ant  and run around 60w out of the
repeater

I hope this helps