Adam Feuer wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> Thanks for the information.  The 840 is very attractive to me because I
> see that it can be turned down to 250mw to drive my Quintron Amps when I
> can no longer find any MastrII exciters.  What was programming them like
> "out of band"?
>
> Adam N2ACF

Adam,

If you have access to KPG47D, the steps are:
1. Make a simple one channel configuration on say 451.250 rx and 456.250
tx with the appropriate PL and other settings.
2. Save it.
3. Open it with a hex editor and go down to address 00000830. There you
will see the following:
FF FF 00 50 12 45 00 50 62 45 XX XX 00 00 FF FF
       || || || || || || || ||
    RX 78 56 34 12|78 56 34 12 TX

RX 451.25000
12 45
34 12
56 50
78 00

TX 456.25000
12 45
34 62
56 50
78 00

4. Replace the numbers with your frequencies and save it.
5. Verify it shows your desired frequencies.
6. Load file into KPG47D and program the 840.

You can go back into the file to change settings other than frequency if
needed. If you touch the frequencies, it will force them back to 450.000.

Ed Yoho
W6YJ