Say what?

-----Original Message-----
From: "Vernon Densler" <m...@highwayusa.com>

Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 18:05:35
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: MASTR II PTT

With the simple echolink interace which has a NPN transistor doing the
switching the voltage across the PTT line and ground is 7v when the com port is
not active and 6.5v when it’s active.  So I am only getting a ½ volt drop
instead of a total short to ground.  Is it because the transistor can’t pull it
down far enough?  Will a transistor with a higher power dissipation help?

Thanks,

Vern