  From: w7...@comcast.net
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2009 3:38 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] QUANTAR RPT.

  Hello Group,

  Getting ready to take my Quantar VHF rpt. to Motorola shop Monday to be
programmed.

  I have a few questions, so I do not sound so ignorant to the tech doing the
programming.

  In RSS, is there a setting that will send an alert if the AC power to rpt.
was interrupted and restored. (Perhaps a CW phrase?).

  Is the machine capable of DTMF commands for "Transmitter Knockdown"?

  Can the squelch be "Loosened or Tightened" via DTMF control? (I am going to
use encode/decode "PL", but would be a nice feature!)

  The rpt. will be programmed single channel 25 kc split, conventional analog
NOW, and in 2013, be reprogrammed to 12.5 kc "Narrow Band.

  Is it possible to program a second channel for narrow band, (same fx as wide
band), and using DTMF control to switch channels, so I do not have to take rpt.
back to shop and shell out

  $100 or so !

  This 1991 rpt. is all new to me....my other one is an MSR 2000 (Has not let
me down is 16 years!)

  Tim Hardy W7TRH / AFA0TP

  Vashon Is. Wa.