  From: n2acf
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 2:49 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] First UHF MSF5000 Attempt

  Hello All,

  Attempted to tune up the TX side of a C74CXB today. The odds weren't really
in my favor as I've never worked on a UHF MSF nor have I ever used a tracking
generator. I brought the station to a friends shop and I used an IFR1200S for
the tuning.

  I checked the station before I began and on 453.900 there was 82.5 watts at
the antenna port and 122.5 coming out of the PA. So, I reprogrammed the
station, adjusted the VCO, and then began to re-tune the 3 pole and 4 pole
filter. I also changed the output power of the PA to 110 watts because I
believe that is what the station is rated for. The new TX frequency is 441.950.

  When I was done with both filters, I checked the power at the antenna port
and it's only 71 watts. I believe it's supposed to be 85.

  The PA looks very clean on the spectrum analyzer and the carrier is right on
frequency. Again, I'm not the best at reading the scope while using the
tracking generator but I did it the best I could for the first time. Is my
output power OK at 71 watts or is something wrong?

  Thanks in advanced!

  Adam N2ACF