Hi Tony,

I have seen a situation where a section of thin aluminum plate
was cut to fit on/over the original PL module. A Comm Spec
TS-32 was placed on the Aluminum mount/plate with double sided
tape and parallel interfaced with the original MSR-2000 PL
module. The plate "stood off" from the MSR-2000 PL Module PC
Board with classic threaded standoffs. Probably the 3/8 or
1/4 inch length 4-40 or 6-32 size were used.

Working from memory... I believe the original circuit only
used the Decoder section (portion) of the TS-32 but I'm sure
it wouldn't be rocket science to make encoder work (taking
the encoder gate/mute on/of operation into consideration) on
more than one CTCSS encoded tone.

One might suggest a couple of contact Emails to the remaining
Surplus Radio Dealers... I'd contact Ted at MDM and go from
there... also posting a want on various yahoo radio groups like
this one.

cheers,
skipp