k0jxi wrote:
> I am sure this has been asked before but I could not find any
> comprehensive links.
>
> Will the Motorola 450 to 470 75 watt Micor Repeater Amp TLE1713A work
> safely in the ham band on TX of 444.900. Most of my experience is
> with GE and not Motorola.
>
> Appreciate any advice.
>
> Dale, K0JXI

Yes. Check out the Repeater-Builder web page for instructions on how to
tune the stages in front of it for best efficiency.

I retuned one I will be putting in service soon per that page. With a
test element at 444.525, I have 2.2 W from the low-level amp output (BNC
on the front), and it loafs at 70W. If I crank the output adjust pot up
all the way, it does 112W! (DON'T run it that way tho-it WILL burn up!)

Jim
WD8CHL