There is no legal difference between using CTCSS tone paging vs audible
tone paging. Both are the same thing. I have a pager on my repeater. It
alerts me to site conditions that require attention (alarms), and is
used by others if they are trying to get hold of me and I'm not
monitoring at the time. Again, telemetry is legal, as are ancillary
functions of the repeater.

Joe M.