All that glitters is not gold... 

If you sweep the typical Comet, Hustler and Diamond Multi-band 
antennas... you'll find they are fairly limited in band width 
and rarely cover an entire Amateur Band Segment with decent 
SWR (reflected power, return loss) values. They work fairly 
well for many people in casual FM service but you might find 
your repeater operates at one portion of the band where the 
SWR value is not pretty... 

As an example, the SWR of a Comet & Hustler Multi-band Antenna 
I have here is not a decent, what I deem a usable value at the 
low end of the 440 to 450 Amateur Band... Even with a decent 
circulator / isolator panel in for protection I would be 
wary. 

... and she's buying the stairway... 
s. 

> n...@... wrote:
> I'm using Comet CX-333s (triband - 2/220/440) on 2 
> fairly low-level (~700' HAAT) 220 systems.  Both 
> work well.
> Bob NO6B 


Reply via email to