BATTLE STATIONS!!!!!! RED ALERT!!!!!!
We got LMR-400 here!

----- Original Message -----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
To: repeater-builder@yahoogroups.com <repeater-builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wed Jun 17 19:41:18 2009
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Need tips for repeater performance

Hello  everybody:

I'm into increasing the performance of my repeater. I've already ordered 50 Ft.
of LMR-400 to replace the cheap RG-8.  Yet, I wonder if there is something else
I could do.

The Duplexer  is pre tuned to my freq. (458.0 repeater RX / 453.0 repeater TX).
 The duplexer is connected to the radios (my repeater is built out of two
Motorola M120's) using RG-58 jumpers of about 24 inches long.  Could that be
affecting performance? When I check the TX power thru the duplexer I'm getting
about 10W yet the TX radio is programmed for 30W. I know that I'll loose some
power with the duplexer, but seems to me that I'm loosing too much.  SWR won't
go below 2.1 no matter how much I adjust the antenna bays.

So, what could be done? I imagine that swapping the RG-8 for the LMR-400 will
help but I still wonder if that would be enough.  Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Aisen