I am saving my pennies for a turbo.

-Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Paul Metzger
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:37 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Noise on UHF - (Mototrbo)

Just an FYI

        Users of the N6DVA mixed mode Digital Mototrbo / Analog  repeater
have experienced something neat early on. When they're using the
Analog side of the repeater and their audio is being torn up by
radar, then switch over to the TRBO digital side, their audio is
clear as can be. It was funny listening at how shocked they were when
they shared this information with me. Both, the Analog and TRBO
digital repeaters are at the same site, in the same cabinet,
utilizing the same antenna, RX window filter, splitter, etc. The same
with the TX side, they both are sharing the same antenna, duplexer,
band pass cavity. It's a nice test bed for comparisons.

Just my 2 cents.

As a side note;
There are two more Amateur TRBO repeaters currently being configured
for IP Site Connect here in Southern California. I was also informed
yesterday, yet another one is in the works for a high level Mt. top
site which sounds like it will cover Los Angeles / Riverside.
Another buddy of mine gave me a heads up that a club he is affiliated
with is interested in acquiring a TRBO repeater as well. It would be
nice if just one time slot on each of these repeater were connected
via IP Site Connect, and the roaming feature enabled in the
portables / mobiles so you'd never have to change channels (to the
nearest linked repeater) while driving. The radio would do it
automatically for you.

Well Have Fun !

Paul Metzger
hamradio-dv.org