Years ago, the PD arrested a guy breaking into a snow plow dealer late
night.

Searched his house found tons of truck accessories, tires, rims,
landscaping equipment, light bars, 50 radios, scanners, TV's & home
electronics, etc.

Turns out this fellow had a long history of shoplifting and B&E on those
places, including numerous shops, (ours 3 TIMES), closed out 25 B&E
cases by SEAZING the evidence, and returning it to the rightful owners
after trial.

Arrest him and not seize the stuff, guarantee it will bne gone as soon
as he gets out on bail.

At least this way he can claim his stuff, if he can show it is actually
his.

Strange twist of fate, several years later, guy shows up at out shop,
NOW a rehabbed citizen, new trucks and a bank check to buy 12 mobiles
for his new landscaping business. Also apologized.

CJD

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Kincaid" <je...@...>
wrote:
  Jerry, I certainly didn't mean to imply that he was doing nothing when
I said I hoped the folks he was jamming would receive a huge settlement
from him. Sorry if I was unclear. :) I am concerned, however, that the
County siezed a boatload of gear that is not known to be involved in any
crime. I think they should investigate first, and enforce later, rather
than the other way around.
> We're pretty far off topic here, so I hope this will be sufficient to
clarify my concerns.

> Jeff
>
> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, gerald bishop orangetruck38@
wrote:

> > Hate to say it ,but the last 2 posts make it sound like the guy was
doing nothing. Not sure if they warned him,but when you jam a legal freq
,this is what happens,sooner or later. There was another jammer out
there ,i think that removal of gear and fines didn't stop him,and was
sent to the slammer. Some may think this wrong,but if you didn't ,soon
would have what the CB'ers had back in the late 70's. Self-destruction
!! Jerry W8KQ

stolen equipment recovered - is some yours?
> > To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> > Date: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 8:48 PM
  Are you kidding? The politicians don't care about the Constitution, to
them
  it is some totally irrelevant old document. In other words, they ignore
it
and do whatever they want.
Richard
  www.n7tgb.net <http://www.n7tgb.net>