Hi guys .I have a maxon sm4450sc  that is setup for rx ctcss decode in a
repeater and it is  decoding ctcss ok but it  only activates the call led
when the signal is over the squelch level. I am wondering is there a way
that the radio decoder can be on  all the time so even if the signal is
below the squelch the radio will activate the call led without affecting the
audio squelch level.
I tried to use ctcss external decoder card and they work great with direct
connection to the receiver audio out from the detector but as I have found
out recently with the cards outside the radio they are affected badly with
rf when the transmitter is activated if the leads are too long so I have
setup the radio to decode the ctcss and this is working well but it is slow
to activate the repeater.I am trying to set the receiver up that it will
decode as soon as the signal is present instead of it needing it to be over
the squelch level before decoding.

Thank You,
Ian Wells,
Kerinvale Comaudio,